Sunday, January 13, 2008

Day 6 - Dougs Last Day

What a way to end!!! Doug had 25 in class - just an awesome tribute - so much fun as there was iron flying every which way! Mikey even shaved his head and died the Mohawk green - it doesn't get any better than that! I will never forget the class - a great memory to have...I have big shoes to fill, but plan to do it with pride making more memories along the way. I can't replace Doug (no one can for that matter - he's one of a kind), but will do my very best to uphold his standards. I've learned a lot and will continue to do so from everyone who steps a foot into BBOM and for that matter picks up a bell.....Game on.

I do want to report (still not believing I did this) I squatted with a 28kg bell....the clean blew but I managed to complete 2 solid sets of 5 on each side - the cow bell was rung for that one baby!!! That's what happens when 25 participants show up and you have to use what's available - No pressure!!! My advice - be on time for class and get your spot/desired bell....you snooze you lose....Mighty Mouse does show up from time to time.....