Monday, September 22, 2008

RKC Sept 2008

What an amazing experience and even more so to share it with close friends....Molly and Renee passed with flying colors - yipppppppeeeeeeeeee.......was there any doubt? Not at all. They worked hard - prepared well and ultimately earned the RKC title. It's not easy - not one second. Participants are not given the title - they earn it and that they did.....We started each day by 9am and ended on Friday around 6:30pm and Saturday around 7:30pm.....Sunday is testing and the grad workout - a fun and exciting time for those who meet the requirements to pass. Congratulations Molly and Renee - Nobody earned it, but you - so very proud of you and so very glad to be able to share the experience with you. I learned so much - just as much if not more than I did a year ago. It's an honor to be asked to assist and I'm so thankful I had the opportunity to share in the certification. Jay Armstrong (Houston, Team Armstrong) was our team leader - 13 participants - I assisted with Steve Meidinger (Colorado) and Terrence Thomas (Florida). Jay taught us so much - great pointers - shared a lot of information from his martial arts background - extremely helpful. We all worked very well together - shared ideas....my head is bigger than my whole body right now (ok maybe not, but it feels like it). I also had the opportunity to meet 13 people from all over the United States and Canada. I was so proud of their hard work and determination....they never gave up even when they really wanted too......even when they were all told to run 200 yards and back in the rain in bare feet (punishment for not listening). They did more burpees and swings than one could even fathom. Every test of strength and endurance was displayed on multiple levels. Everyone at the cert should be so proud of their hard work. Darlene assisted on Neupert's team and Doug was a Team Leader who at the very end was promoted to SENIOR INSTRUCTOR - a huge honor - even more excitement for all of us because if it wasn't for him none of us would be where we are today or may be among the few who have never heard of kettleball - lol (every newbie says it - I sadly enough did too).....Doug presented several times, led workouts - even the grad workout in his kilt. An amazing site. I will post pictures as soon as I can figure out how (new camera - ha). All in all, it was the boost I needed to continue forward with the learning process......Look out cuz form is everything.....All of you who participate in class make me proud, but know we can always be better. We're changing a few things going forward focusing more on joint mobility, technique, breathing, safety (there will be punishment if this is not followed), the swing is the universe of kettlebell and will be yours too - I promise you! Relaxing techniques will also be done.......We did a lot of swings tonight and worked on the TGU - 17 total steps - balancing a shoe.....presented by Doug......I would be absolutely remiss if I didn't thank Bob - he managed the house, kids, gym and dogs.........and did a great job! He was glad to see me last night, but he did it - and did it well.....Thank you.......