Thursday, January 17, 2013

What is your Task?

What’s Your Task?

The Bible says the Lord has assigned to each a task! So what’s yours?

I’m kind of like the airplane pilot before takeoff—I go over my preflight checklist before I take any trips into the unknown. Where has God taken me before? I look at my passport. I remember my experiences. What trips am I passionate about?

We all have different passions and burdens. What’s mine? Am I the pilot, the flight attendant, a mechanic, or a baggage handler? You never see the pilot fixing coffee or the attendant with a screwdriver under the airplane hood. Why? Because we all have something we’re good at. And we’re expected to do that one thing well. What’s your purpose? What task has God assigned to you?

“Each person is given something to do that shows who God is: Everyone gets in on it, everyone benefits. All kinds of things are handed out by the Spirit, and to all kinds of people! The variety is wonderful.” (I Cor 12:5-10 The Message)

From: Max on Life