Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Forgiving Spirit

I now understand that forgiveness has value only when it is given away. By the simple act of granting forgiveness, I release the demons of the past about which I can do nothing, and I create in myself a new heart, a new beginning. I will now and forevermore silently offer my forgiveness even to those who do not see they need it. By the act of forgiving, I am no longer consumed by unproductive thoughts. I give up my bitterness. I am content in my soul and effective again with my fellowman.

For many years, my greatest enemy has been myself....I realize today that it is impossible to fight an enemy living in my head. By forgiving myself, I erase the doubts, fears, and frustration that have kept my past in the present. From THIS day forward, my history will cease to control my destiny. I have forgiven myself.

I WILL forgive those who do not ask for forgiveness.
I WILL forgive those who criticize me unjustly.
I WILL forgive myself.
I WILL Greet this day and every day with a forgiving spirit.

Andy Andrews......The Traveler's Gift Sixth decision.....
I am Thankful for these words.......