Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Give and you Get

God Gave His Best

Jenna, wake up. It’s time to go to school. For four lightning-fast years she’d been ours, and ours alone. And now that was all going to change. I knew it was time. And I knew she would be fine. But I never knew it would be so hard to give her up on her first day of preschool.

Is that how you felt, God? Is what I felt that morning anything like what you felt when you gave up your son? It explains how your heart must have ached as you heard the cracking voice of Jesus say, “Father take this cup away.” (Mark 14:36).

I said good-bye and sent my little Jenna into a safe environment with a compassionate teacher ready to wipe away any tears. Yet, you Father, released Jesus into a hostile arena with a cruel soldier who turned the back of your son into raw meat.

God gave His best, the apostle Paul reasons. Why should we ever doubt His love?

from Six Hours One Friday